Guido Pennings: full professor of ethics and bioethics at Ghent University (Belgium) where he is also the director of the Bioethics Institute Ghent (BIG). He has published extensively on ethical problems associated with medically assisted reproduction and genetics.
He is Guest Professor on “Ethics in Reproductive Medicine” at the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Free University Brussels since 2009.
– past coordinator of the Special Interest Group on Ethics and Law of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE),
– member of the National Advisory Committee on Bioethics in Belgium
– chair of the Federal Commission on Scientific Research on Embryos in vitro
– advisor to the World Health Organisation (WHO)
– chair of the Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, Ghent University.